Your typical random day at Talpa Network Technology
- The adventure starts early today, as you are eager to come in the office and check your monitors for possible attacks and other threats;
- You skipped getting coffee so your Cyber Security colleague is getting you one now. You must remember to return the favour;
- Your main activity as a Cyber Security Operations Engineer is monitoring and testing the security of our development projects so you will spend a big chunk of your day on this;
- You like to pro-actively assess the security of the Devops platforms, so at 11 you start your daily round of advanced vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and other ethical hacking actions to identify issues;
- After a meeting with the Kijk.nl project team, you dissolve security incidents;
- Time flies, and you walk out of the office with your colleagues to have lunch at the IJ harbour;
- You are a vigilant threat hunter who keeps up with the latest threats on security blogs, so you spend some time on these after lunch;
- It has to be done: as a Security Specialist you write technical reports on test findings;
- While conducting your work you get to use your preferred tools like AWS CLi, Tenable.io (Nessus), Splunk, Nmap and other various developer & hacker tooling;
- You end the day with a video call with the development team in Serbia to discuss some critical incidents.
A remarkable Technology Team
Our DevOps Platform Team is part of the Talpa Technology Platform & Data unit and is based in Amsterdam, near the ‘Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ’. As a Cyber Security Operations Engineer, you get to work with tech-savvy colleagues like Thijs Stuurman, Security Engineer. Our team consists of a Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineers, and a Security Engineer, and we spend 30% of our time on technological advancement. When you walk into our office in Amsterdam next to club Panama, you will find a no-nonsense, make-sh*t-happen culture.
This means a lot to you
- Working on new media projects every day, with interstellar exposure to millions of consumers;
- As a driven media/tech company, we welcome your ideas and let you make them happen;
- You work in a start-up mentality, with all the benefits of a large media/tech company;
- Get access to events like 538 King's Day, 538 DJ Hotel, Das Coen und Sander fest;
- Grow by doing, and enjoy our many options for development, training or certification;
- Attending and organising conferences, hackathons and techtalks;
- Decide for yourself: come in early or late, bringing your work-life balance to the next level.